Have you ever made poached egg?
Well I challenged myself the other day to make it and I was pleasantly surprised at the end result. Considering I don’t even eat egg yolks mainly because of a dairy intolerance I wasn’t sure how I would ingest it or make it successfully. But being the amateur “barefoot contessa” or so I’ve been called : ) I tried it and it came out splendid. Here the recipe:
- table spoon of vinegar
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon on salt
- 1 small pot
- 1 ramkin
- Pour the cup of measured water in a pot along with the vinegar and salt. Allow it to come to a boil
- in a clockwise fashion stir the pot until it creates a whirlpool shape
- crack the egg and place in a ramekin or small bowl
- while the water is moving in a circular motion pour the egg in the center of the motion
- set a lid on the pot and wait for 5 mins then scoop the egg out with a porous spoon and serve how you like it.